Laws enacted by the Ohio General Assembly shape the standards for protection of Ohio consumers regarding their utility services. The Consumers’ Counsel advocates for consumers in the legislative process. This advocacy includes presenting testimony in legislative hearings. Here are links to OCC testimony before the General Assembly.
OCC also serves as a resource for legislators on issues affecting utility consumers. Elected officials and their staff members may contact Nick Stallard at Nicholas.Stallard@occ.ohio.gov with questions about utility services.
- OCC Testimony on House Bill 260 (Refunds of Improper Charges to Utility Consumers)
- OCC Testimony on State Operating Budget
- OCC Testimony on Senate Bill 117 (OVEC Repeal and Partial HB 6 Repeal)
- OCC Testimony on House Bill 128 (Partial HB 6 Repeal)
- OCC Testimony on Senate Bill 44 (Partial HB 6 Repeal)
- OCC Testimony on House Bill 798 (Partial HB 6 and HB 166 Repeal)
- Governing Board Resolution protecting consumers by enabling refunds of improper utility charges
- Governing Board Resolution regarding HB 6 & HB 246
- Reselling of utility services (submetering) subject of proposed legislation
- This "subsidy scorecard" shows subsidies paid by Ohioans for electric service since 2000.
Learn more about how to make your voice heard