More Electric Topics
- Aggregation - Your community may join together to buy electricity at a lower rate. Learn more about aggregation and how it affects you here.
- Budget Billing - Looking for a more predictable electric bill? Enrolling in a budget billing program may be the right step for you.
- Energy Efficiency - Learn about how you can prevent energy loss in your home and save money.
- Establishing Electric Service - Moving somewhere new? Know all the steps necessary to establish electric service at your new home.
- Line Warranties - Considering purchasing insurance for your utility lines? Learn more here.
- Power Outages - Learn about safety measures you can take during a power outage and your rights as a consumer.
- Renewable Energy - Learn more about alternative sources of energy, such as solar and wind, that can provide electricity to your home.
- Tree Trimming - Your electric company is allowed to cut back trees that may damage utility lines and interrupt services. Learn more here.
- Understanding Your Electric Bill - Knowing what the charges on your electric bill mean can help you save money. Learn how to read your bill here.
- Vampire Power - Electronic devices, such as toasters and phone chargers, can use electricity even when they are not in use. Learn how to eliminate vampire power here.
Issues for Electricity Consumers
- This "subsidy scorecard" shows subsidies paid by Ohioans for electric service since 2000.
- Governing Board Report on Electric Issues Affecting Consumers In this 2016 report, the OCC Governing Board expressed its concerns that, among other things, Ohioans were paying higher rates for electric service, on average, than residential consumers in 32 other states.