How The OCC Can Help You
Utility Complaint or Questions?
Contact us online or call (877) 742-5622
or locally at (614) 466-9467
For general information or questions about utility services, you may contact us online, call the Office of the Ohio Consumers' Counsel (OCC) at (877) 742-5622, locally at (614) 466-9467 or e-mail your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a complaint related to either submetering or basic wireline phone service, you may contact us online, call the Office of the Ohio Consumers' Counsel (OCC) at (877) 742-5622, locally at (614) 466-9467 or e-mail your complaint to email@example.com.
For complaints related to other utility issues not listed above, the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) can be reached via phone at 1-800-686-7826 or on the Internet at https://www.puco.ohio.gov/contact-us/contact-us-form/?intype=complaint.
Office of the Ohio Consumers' Counsel
65 East State Street, 7th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
The OCC has many free publications on a variety of utility-related topics available to assist you in learning about your utilities. You can request any of the fact sheets by calling OCC at 1-877-742-5622 or locally at (614) 466-8574. All of OCC's educational materials are available online or e-mail your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Some of the fact sheets you can request include topics on:
- Electric and natural gas choice
- Electric and natural gas aggregation
- Energy efficiency and water conservation
- Electric and natural gas budget billing
- Understanding your electric and natural gas utility bills
- Consumer assistance programs
- Reading your meter (for electric and water)
- Disconnections and reconnections (for electric, natural gas, and telephone)
- Safety tips and customer rights for power outages
- Summer cooling tips and vampire power